Njombe Milk Factory Company LTD is a registered company limited by shares with its head office in Njombe Town, Njombe region southern Highlands of Tanzania.
The company collects raw milk from about 700 dairy farmers organized in 56 groups through the established dairy farmers’ cooperative society (NJOLIFA) for processing and produces high quality of dairy products.
The cooperative owns 20% stake of the company.
The project is named: “dairy farmers strengthening on modern farming practices and sustainable economic improvement in Njombe region”
The company is aiming to harmonize and involve 1200 Njolifa ( Milk producer’s cooperative) Dairy Farmers into dairy interventions in order to collects 5500 Lts of raw milk per day from the smallholder milk producers to ensure the sustainability of the farmers and the company.
The project will cover Njombe Region only.
- 1,200 farmers will directly benefit from the project.
- 100,00$ is requested from SAGCOT-CTF which will catalyze about private investment of about 18,000$ from the company.
- Reliability of raw milk market to Njolifa farmers at the reliable and reasonable price Tshs 610/-per liter including transport and transaction cost.
- Guaranteed markets as the company has entered into a relatively permanent contract with NJOLIFA Farmers.
- The company has guaranteed to share the use of Godown for storage facilities, office use, conference hall use (eg, meeting, workshop etc), Transport and stationery.